Amgen, Inc. was founded in 1980 as Applied Molecular Genetics in Thousand Oaks, California. They are a worldwide leader in the field of biotechnology as is apparent by many of their products being considered some of the most successful biopharmaceutical developments of their time. Over the 25+ years of Amgen, Inc.'s history, they have acquired Synergen, Inc., Kinetix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Immunex Corporation, Tularik, Inc., Abgenix, Inc., Avidia, Inc., Ilypsa, Inc., and Alantos Pharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc.. Thanks to developments and advances in recombinant DNA and molecular biology, Amgen, Inc. is considered to be a biotechnological leader in the field of human therapeutics.
Sensipar is a small molecule therapeutic launched by Amgen, Inc. in 2004. Sensipar has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (secondary HPT) in chronic kidney disease patients on dialysis, and for the treatment of elevated calcium levels (hypercalcemia) in patients with parathyroid carcinoma. Sensipar is administered in tablet form.
Safety Net Foundation for Sensipar, a patient assistance program provided by Amgen, Inc., offers Sensipar at no cost for up to one year to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
- You must not be covered by private or public health insurance.
- You must meet an undisclosed income guideline.
Those eligible for Medicare Part D but not enrolled may still be eligible.
Fill out the program enrollment form located to your right. If you don't see an enrollment form available please call Amgen, Inc. program directly. After filling out the enrollment form please bring the form to your doctor for proper signatures and procedures. Do not forget a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
- If you have any questions please call the Amgen, Inc. program directly.
- Fill out as much of the information on the enrollment form as possible. The more information you have pre-filled the easier the progrm is to enroll in.
- Write down the refill dates for your program and set a reminder here on PatientAssistance.com so that you don't run out of medication.
- Do not write messy on your forms as this will delay any response.
- Call and write thank you notes to AAI Pharma Inc. program. Without their help millions of people will be without medication.