Bristol-Myers Company was founded in 1887 by William McLaren Bristol and John Ripley Myers through the acquisition of Clinton Pharmaceutical Company in Clinton, New York. The success of several products released by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company during the depression allowed them to specifically focus on products such as Sal Hepatica, Ipana, toiletries, antiseptics, and cough syrups. From 1960\'s to the late 1980\'s Bristol-Myers Company has focused on acquiring smaller pharmaceutical and specialty companies to allow themselves the ability to expand in the direction they wish.
Squibb was founded in 1858 by Edward Robinson Squibb as a Brooklyn, New York, based pharmaceutical company. Edward Robinson Squibb based the entire concept of Squibb on producing consistently pure medications. The effects of his work and motivation lead to the Pure Food and Drug Act that was passed by Congress in 1906. Squibb has taken many steps forward in the advancement of research and development through the establishment of Squibb Institute for Medical Research and the worlds largest penicillin production plant; located in Brunswick, New Jersey.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company formed in 1989 through the merger of Bristol-Myers Company and Squibb. Since the merger, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company has become greatly involved with the National Cancer Institute, have received the National Medal of Technology, began their SECURE THE FUTURE campaign to advance HIV/AIDS research in southern Africa, and has become an active member of UNAIDS Drug ACCESS Initiative. The merger of Bristol-Myers Company and Squibb has made them one of the global authorities of pharmaceutical research and development worldwide.
Abilify is a antipsychotic medication launched by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in 2002. Abilify has been approved by the FDA for treatment of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and manic depression. Abilify is administered in tablet form.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Patient Assistance Program For Abilify, a patient assistance program provided by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, offers Abilify at no cost for up to 90 days to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
- You must not be covered by any private, public, or Medicare Part D prescription coverage programs.
- You must not be eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare
- You must meet an undisclosed income guideline.
Those eligible for Medicare Part D but not enrolled may still be eligible.
The medication must be sent to the physicians office.
Fill out the program enrollment form located to your right. If you don't see an enrollment form available please call Bristol-Myers Squibb Company program directly. After filling out the enrollment form please bring the form to your doctor for proper signatures and procedures. Do not forget a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
- If you have any questions please call the Bristol-Myers Squibb Company program directly.
- Fill out as much of the information on the enrollment form as possible. The more information you have pre-filled the easier the progrm is to enroll in.
- Write down the refill dates for your program and set a reminder here on PatientAssistance.com so that you don't run out of medication.
- Do not write messy on your forms as this will delay any response.
- Call and write thank you notes to AAI Pharma Inc. program. Without their help millions of people will be without medication.