Genzyme Corporation was founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 1981. Genzyme Corporation is a global biotechnological company that focuses specifically on the fields of lysosomal storage diseases, renal disease, orthopedics, transplant and immune diseases, oncology, genetics, and diagnostics. They originally formed with the intention of researching and developing drugs to cure enzyme deficient conditions that effect a small percentage of the worlds population. In their over 25 years as a worldwide provider of biotechnological solutions, their portfolio includes over 14 therapies and treatments within their fields of expertise. If it wasn't enough that Genzyme Corporation held such an authoritative position in the pharmaceutical industry, they where considered to be one of Fortune Magazine's â€œ100 Best Companies to Work forâ€, giving them further credibility as leaders in their field.
Renagel is the tablet form of sevelamer hydrochloride launched by Genzyme Corporation in 1998. Renagel has been approved by the FDA for the reduction of serum phosphorus in hemodialysis patients with end-stage renal disease. Renagel is administered in tablet form.
Renagel Medicare Part D Assistance Program, a patient assistance program provided by Genzyme Corporation, offers Renagel at no cost for up to 1 year to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
- You must not be covered by private or public prescription coverage.
- You must be covered by Medicare Part D.
- You must provide a Federal low-income subsidy denial letter from Social Security.
- You must have spent at least 3% of your total income on prescription medications this year.
- Your income must be less than or equal to 300% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for the size of your household (see chart below).
Fill out the program enrollment form located to your right. If you don't see an enrollment form available please call Genzyme & American Kidney Fund program directly. After filling out the enrollment form please bring the form to your doctor for proper signatures and procedures. Do not forget a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
- If you have any questions please call the Genzyme & American Kidney Fund program directly.
- Fill out as much of the information on the enrollment form as possible. The more information you have pre-filled the easier the progrm is to enroll in.
- Write down the refill dates for your program and set a reminder here on PatientAssistance.com so that you don't run out of medication.
- Do not write messy on your forms as this will delay any response.
- Call and write thank you notes to AAI Pharma Inc. program. Without their help millions of people will be without medication.