Schering Plough Corporation was founded by Erst Schering as Schering AG in 1851, Germany. In 1971, Schering AG merged with Plough, Inc. to create Schering Plough Corporation. With their over 150 years as a global pharmaceutical company, Schering Plough Corporation has developed numerous therapies and treatments in the fields of cardiovascular disease, central nervous system disorders, immunology and infectious disease, oncology, respiratory diseases, and women's health. Schering Plough Corporation looks forward to providing better solutions to fill the unmet needs in the fields of women's health and central nervous system medications through their acquisition of the company Organon BioSciences NV.
As a global leader in their fields, Schering Plough Corporation has provided high selling products such as Vytorin, Zetia, Remicade, and Nasonex to patients all over the world.
Merek & Company, Inc. was founded in 1891 by George Merck. In the 1930's Merck & Company, Inc. entered the pharmaceutical research field after their 39 year start as a chemicals supplier. Since then, the company has merged with Sharp & Dohme and acquired Medco Containment Services, Inc.. Merck & Company, Inc. are considered to be one of the highest ranking global pharmaceutical companies with some of the greatest scientists in the industry.
Merck & Company, Inc. pride themselves at providing their products to over 200 countries world wide. Along with their extensive product line, Merck & Company, Inc. provides not-for-profit services including their publication of unbiased health information.
Vytorin is a cholesterol inhibitor launched by Schering Plough Corporation and Merck & Company in 2004. Vytorin has been approved by the FDA as part of a treatment for the reduction of high LDL cholesterol that includes dieting. Vytorin is administered in tablet form.
Zetia is a cholesterol-lowering drug launched by Schering Plough Corporation and Merck & Company in 2002. Zetia has been approved by the FDA as part of a treatment for the reduction of low-density LDL cholesterol that includes dieting. Zetia is administered in tablet form.
Commitment to Care for Oncology Medications, a patient assistance program provided by Schering Plough Corporation and Merck & Company, offers Vytorin and Zetia at no cost for up to 90 days to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
- You must not be covered by any private, public, or Medicare Part D prescription coverage programs.
- You must be an outpatient currently under the care of a physician.
- Your income must be less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for the size of your household (see chart below).
Those above the guidelines are still encouraged to apply.
Fill out the program enrollment form located to your right. If you don't see an enrollment form available please call Merck/Schering Plough program directly. After filling out the enrollment form please bring the form to your doctor for proper signatures and procedures. Do not forget a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
- If you have any questions please call the Merck/Schering Plough program directly.
- Fill out as much of the information on the enrollment form as possible. The more information you have pre-filled the easier the progrm is to enroll in.
- Write down the refill dates for your program and set a reminder here on PatientAssistance.com so that you don't run out of medication.
- Do not write messy on your forms as this will delay any response.
- Call and write thank you notes to AAI Pharma Inc. program. Without their help millions of people will be without medication.