Mylan Pharmaceuticals was founded in 1961 by Milan Puskar and Don Panoz in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. It began as pharmaceutical distribution company, and five years later is granted the rights to manufacture the penicillin G tablets in their own factory. Since then, the company has seen exponential growth, quickly becoming the most prescribed drug in the United States, both in branded and generic form. Acquiring more and more companies over the years, the company broke one billion dollars in sales in 2002.
Clozapine is an antipsychotic launched by Mylan Pharmaceuticals in November of 1997. Clozapine has been approved by the FDA to treat schizophrenia and treat severe suicidal behavior. Clozapine is administered orally via tablet.
Mylan Clozapine Patient Assistance Program, a patient assistance program provided by Mylan Pharmaceuticals, offers a three month supply of Clozapine at no cost to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must not be covered by private or public health insurance.
- You must be financially unable to pay for
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
The medication must be sent to the physicians office.
Those eligible for Medicare Part D but not enrolled may still be eligible.
Fill out the program enrollment form located to your right. If you don't see an enrollment form available please call Mylan Pharmaceuticals program directly. After filling out the enrollment form please bring the form to your doctor for proper signatures and procedures. Do not forget a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
- If you have any questions please call the Mylan Pharmaceuticals program directly.
- Fill out as much of the information on the enrollment form as possible. The more information you have pre-filled the easier the progrm is to enroll in.
- Write down the refill dates for your program and set a reminder here on PatientAssistance.com so that you don't run out of medication.
- Do not write messy on your forms as this will delay any response.
- Call and write thank you notes to AAI Pharma Inc. program. Without their help millions of people will be without medication.