NitroMed is a Massachusetts based company entrenched in the research of the therapeutic benefits brought on by the naturally occurring molecule nitric oxide. Their main focus is to become the top multi-product pharmaceutical company by creative drugs through the use of nitric oxide. BiDil currently is their only product on the market, with itsâ€™ main focus to treat heart failure within the population of the African-American community. The goal is to improve quality of life, survival, and improve on patient-reported functional status.
BiDil is intended to treat heart failure within the African-American population, and was launched by NitroMed in June of 2005. BiDil has been approved by the FDA to relax your veins and arteries, thereby relieving stress on your heart and making it easier to pump blood through your veins. BiDil is administered orally via a tablet.
NitroMed Cares Program for Reduced Income and Uninsured, a patient assistance program provided by NitroMed, offers a three month supply of BiDil at no cost to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must be financially unable to pay for
- You must not be covered by private or public health insurance.
- You must not be eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
- You must have an FDA-approved diagnosis.
The medication must be sent to the physicians office.
Those eligible for Medicare Part D but not enrolled may still be eligible.
Fill out the program enrollment form located to your right. If you don't see an enrollment form available please call NitroMed program directly. After filling out the enrollment form please bring the form to your doctor for proper signatures and procedures. Do not forget a self stamped envelope for them to mail in your application to the program.
- If you have any questions please call the NitroMed program directly.
- Fill out as much of the information on the enrollment form as possible. The more information you have pre-filled the easier the progrm is to enroll in.
- Write down the refill dates for your program and set a reminder here on PatientAssistance.com so that you don't run out of medication.
- Do not write messy on your forms as this will delay any response.
- Call and write thank you notes to AAI Pharma Inc. program. Without their help millions of people will be without medication.